These chocolate brownie cupcakes are every chocolate lovers dream – they are fudgy, rich and perfectly chocolatey!
The bakes are slightly denser than your average cupcake, they have a thicker, more brownie like texture, which completely melts in your mouth. In order to get this richer texture, I have used both melted chocolate and chocolate powder in this recipe. The addition of the melted chocolate not only gives the cake its brownie-like consistency but also helps to keep it moist and prevents the cake from going dry.
I’ve found that the quality of the chocolate powder makes a huge difference to the overall flavour of the cake; whenever possible try to use a good quality cocoa powder for your baking. Another tip I’ve found is that mixing the cocoa powder with milk to form a paste helps to intensify the rich chocolate flavour and adds to the soft texture of the sponge.
I’ve topped this with a simple chocolate buttercream, but, if you’re feeling slightly more indulgent, you can top it with my delicious Nutella buttercream instead. chocolate brownie cupcake cupcake brownie
Find Frosting ideas here…
Looking for more baking ideas? Have a look in the recipe section:
- 115 g / 4 oz Butter
- 115 g / 4 oz Self Raising Flour
- 85 g / 3 oz Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 85 g / 3 oz Milk Chocolate, melted (best quality available if possible)
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 *c / 160 *c Fan / Gas Mark 4 and place your cupcake cases into your tins
- Add the sugar and butter to a bowl and using an electric mixer, whisk until light and fluffy
- Gradually add the eggs and flour
- In a separate bowl, mix the chocolate powder and milk together until a paste is formed
- Stir through the melted chocolate and cocoa powder & milk mixture until fully combined
- Place into your cupcake cases, filling about ¾ full
- Place in the oven for roughly 20 minutes or until cooked through
- Remove from the oven and leave them in the tin for 5-10 minutes before turning out and placing on a wire rack to cool completely
Want to stay up to date and receive exclusive content and recipes? Follow me and never miss a moment!