Finding The Perfect Gift
Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe:
Perfectly moist, and deliciously lemony. This cake is a definite tea time winner!
Yields: 1 kg Loaf
- 175 g / 6 oz Self Raising Flour
- 175 g / 6 oz Margarine (I always use Stork)
- 88 g / 3 oz Caster Sugar
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Zest of 2 Lemons
For the Lemon Syrup:
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 115 g / 4 oz Caster Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180*c/350*f/Gas Mark 4/160*c Fan Oven.
- Place all the ingredients for the cake into an electric mixer, and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Grease and line a 1 kg loaf tin, and spoon in the mixture.
- Cook for 45 minutes to an hour checking regularly, or until light and fluffy. You can tell it’s ready when it springs back when lightly pressed. You could also insert a skewer into the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean, then the cake is ready.
- Once ready, remove from the oven.
- Whilst you’re waiting for the cake to cook, make the lemon syrup.
- Place the ingredients into a saucepan, and lightly until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Using a sharp knife, pierce holes into the top of the cake, ensuring you go all the way down to the bottom.
- Pour the lemon drizzle all over the cake. It may seem a lot of syrup, but the more that’s added results in a moister taste. But feel free to add less if desired.
- Sprinkle a layer of sugar on top, to give it a nice crunchy outing.
- Allow it to sit in the tin for roughly 5 minutes, then turn it out of the tin.
- Cut a nice, thick slice, put the kettle on, and enjoy a slice of cake!
Want to stay up to date and receive exclusive content and recipes? Follow me and never miss a moment!
Have something to say? Just sprinkle your thoughts and let me know what’s on your mind…