Lightly roasted carrots; soft and fluffy on the inside, yet perfectly crispy on the outside. Lightly seasoned with salt and pepper and coated in a layer of spicy ginger paste. Quick, easy and absolutely delicious!
The method behind this dish is so easy: par-boil the carrots, drain, stir through a tablespoon of ginger paste, season, place them on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and finally roast for around 25mins. It is so simple! It’s so important that you par-boil the carrots. Par-boiling them first not only cuts down the roasting time but also helps to keep the texture of the carrots soft and creamy on the inside. I know it might seem like an unnecessary step but it seriously makes a difference to the end result.
The ginger coating helps to give the carrots a light, warming flavour and kind of caramelises while cooking to give them a slightly crispy shell. I only use 1 tablespoon of ginger paste which creates quite a mild taste, so feel free to add a little more if you want a serious kick or intense flavour.
Add to salads or your favourite dish. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. These can be eaten hot or cold, but they always taste best when warmed up slightly.
Want to stay up to date and receive exclusive content and recipes? Follow me and never miss a moment!
Have something to say? Just sprinkle your thoughts and let me know what’s on your mind…
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
|Passive Time||30 minutes|
- 5 medium Carrots ends chopped off and peeled
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- sprinkle Salt and Pepper to taste
- light drizzle olive oil
- Preheat the oven to Fan 180* / 190*C / 400*F / Gas Mark 5
- Cut the carrots in half length ways and half again, creating large chunks
- Place the carrots in a saucepan of water and place over a medium heat
- Cook until the carrots are still hard, but a knife can go through
- Remove the carrots from the heat and drain well. Stir through the ginger paste, and lightly season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the carrots on a pre-lined baking tray and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil
- Place in the centre of the oven for roughly 25 minutes, checking and turning halfway through
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. These can be eaten straight away or transfer into an airtight container
- These can be stored for roughly a week in an airtight container in the fridge
The amount of Ginger Paste can be adjusted to taste.
These can be eaten cold, but I think that they're best served warm. I would recommend lightly heating them in the microwave before serving.