This one is for all those chocolate lovers out there. Smooth and creamy chia pudding infused with a rich chocolate flavour; it’s delicious, simple to make and healthy. It’s one of the easiest recipes that I have here. As well as one of the most popular chia pudding variations by far… I wonder why?!
I think that with this recipe the most important thing is to make sure that you have a good quality cocoa powder. This helps the chocolate shine through and means that you don’t need to add so much powder to get a good, strong flavour.
When mixing the milk and cocoa powder make sure that you really mix them together and that they’re completely combined – there should be no lumps at all – before stirring through the chia seeds. Remember the chia seeds will expand so although it may not seem like you’ve added enough, they will swell up overnight, you can always add more if you need to later. It’s better than having a pile of chocolate gloop (trust me I’ve made this mistake). You can eat it after about an hour of making it, but I find that it’s always best when left overnight for the best consistency.
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for no more than 1-2 days for optimal freshness. Pile on your favourite topping and enjoy your healthy chocolate pudding.
Want to stay up to date and receive exclusive content and recipes? Follow me and never miss a moment!
Have something to say? Just sprinkle your thoughts and let me know what’s on your mind…
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Passive Time||12 Hours|
- 1 Cup Milk dairy free if required
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder can be substituted for Hot Chocolate Powder if needed
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Sugar
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- Mix the Cocoa Powder, Coconut Sugar and Milk together, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually add the Chia Seeds, stirring continuously.
- Place in an airtight container and leave to thicken overnight. Eat within 2 days, but best enjoyed the next day.