Crispy new potatoes fried in butter & fresh lemon juice with a little thyme for added flavour. Finish off with a sprinkle of crunchy salt and there you have it, one of my favourite sides of all time. The flavours complement each other perfectly, and that little hit of salt at the end brings everything together. If you can’t tell, I love making these potatoes! They make a great chip alternative if you want something a little lighter, and go with almost everything.
They are also extremely easy and quick to make! Simply par boil some new potatoes, slice into discs and place in a pan with your butter, lemon, thyme and salt and fry until crispy and golden brown. They only take about 15-20 minutes to boil and 5 minutes to fry. So, are the perfect thing to whip up if you’re in a rush. Then you’re left with crunchy, crispy, soft, lemony slices of potato.
These potatoes also make a delicious salad topping. It might sound random, and I can’t quite remember how this came about, but you have to trust me on this! Place the cooked potatoes on top of a bed of mixed salad leaves with crunchy radish, soft peas, grated carrot and finish with chunks of avocado. It seriously is Spring on a plate! You can always add more additions to this salad; just use this as a base or a side dish to a larger meal. It is so versatile.
Lightly fried until crispy and golden brown. These potatoes are buttery with a delicious citrus twist which perfectly compliments the fresh thyme. Finish off with a dusting of crunchy salt and place on top of this delicious mixed leaf salad.
Want to stay up to date and receive exclusive content and recipes? Follow me and never miss a moment!
Have something to say? Just sprinkle your thoughts and let me know what’s on your mind…
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
|Passive Time||15 minutes|
- 1 handful Mixed Leaves
- 1/2 cup Cooked Peas
- 1 small Radish cut into rings
- 1 handful Grated Carrot
- 5 small New Potatoes boiled
- 1 teaspoon Butter dairy free, if required
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 large pinch Fresh Thyme
- Coarse Sea Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Start by assembling your salad. Place your mixed leaves, peas, radish and grated carrot on to a plate/in a bowl, and lightly mix. Set aside
- Add the butter and lemon to a non stick frying pan, and gently heat over a medium heat. Cut the boiled potatoes into thin slices, and place them in the pan with the butter/lemon mixture, add the fresh thyme. Stir it through, coating the potatoes.
- Fry the potatoes until they become golden brown and crispy, adding a little more butter/lemon juice as needed. Season with a little bit of pepper and a pinch of coarse sea salt
- Allow them to cool down slightly, and place on top of the salad. Squeeze a little bit of lemon on top as your salad dressing, and enjoy. The potatoes are best enjoyed warm, so be careful that you don't let them cool down too much!