I love snack bites, they’re quick to make, easy to grab on the go and there is no end to the flavour combinations you can create. And with Christmas just around the corner, I couldn’t think of a better snack to have on hand during the Holiday rush!
These simple snack bites have a subtle coconut taste, a beautiful sweet flavour and a little crispy surprise inside each bite courtesy of the raw buckwheat groats. Filled with dates to help provide some slow release energy these are perfect when you’re running around and don’t have time to stop and make a snack.
You can roll / coat the balls in anything that you like or, if you’d prefer, you could always leave them plain. I wanted these bites to look like a Christmas Pudding so I chose to top them with a helping of desiccated coconut ‘icing’ and a single dried cranberry. This not only looked festive, but the coconut coating also helped to strengthen the coconut flavour of the bites.
I love having delicious and healthy snacks like this in the fridge ready to grab if I’m in a bit of rush or have a sweet craving, and with all the indulgent treats around this time of year, these make the perfect healthy choice.
Want to stay up to date and receive exclusive content and recipes? Follow me and never miss a moment!
Have something to say? Just sprinkle your thoughts and let me know what’s on your mind…
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||5 Minutes|
|Passive Time||10 Minutes|
- 10 Medjool Dates
- 4 tablespoons Water from the soaked dates
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Raw Buckwheat Groats
- 1/2 cup Dessicated Coconut + more to decorate, optional
- Cranberries to decorate, optional
- Soak the dates in boiling water for roughly 10 minutes
- Once soaked, place all the ingredients into a blender / food processor, and blend until all the ingredients are just combined
- Take a handful of the mixture from the blender and form into a ball. This can be as big or small as you'd like.
- Roll the top of the ball in the extra desiccated coconut and place a cranberry on top
- Place in the fridge in an airtight container and allow to set. Before consuming, leave them for at least 30 minutes, but overnight is best.