Creamy overnight oats made with protein packed chia seeds and full of warming winter chai spiced flavours… my ultimate winter breakfast! This takes about 5 minutes to make and the next morning you have a delicious, filling and healthy breakfast all ready and waiting for you.
I’ve made sure that I’ve stuck to all the traditional flavours of a chai mixture. And have blended them together to create my own chai-style powder, this is so easy to do and only takes a minute to make. The oats are only lightly spiced, so you do end up with quite a lot of chai mixture left over. But this can be kept in the cupboard for your next round of overnight oats, or even a completely different experiment! Another thing I must mention is this spice mix is completely customisable; feel free to add more or less of a certain spice or a whole new flavour altogether if you prefer.
The overnight oat recipe is so simple and the same as my original overnight oat recipe. The only difference is the addition of the warming and cosy spices. If you don’t have chia seeds, then it’s fine to leave them out. It doesn’t impact the taste or texture of the oats I just love them and add them to pretty much anything and everything!
This is best eaten the next morning but will last for about 1-2 days in the fridge. Remember to give it a little stir before you eat it.
|Prep Time||5-10 Minutes|
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Mixed Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon All Spice
- 60 grams Rolled Oats gluten free, if required
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 175 ml Coconut Milk or any milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon Chai Spice Mix
Chai Spice Mix
Chai Spiced Overnight Oats
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl/container, and mix together until fully incorporated
- Place the oats, chia seeds and chai mix into a bowl/jar (I normally use an old jam jar), and mix together. Add the milk and stir until everything is combined.
- Cover the jar / bowl and place in the fridge overnight. Remove from the fridge roughly 5 minutes before eating to allow it to warm up slightly, adding any toppings of your choice.