I used to be so self-conscious about lip colours and was honestly scared to wear them. But lately I’ve started to experiment with more and more colours and I’m starting to love them! It’s such a simple way to instantly feel a little more ‘polished’!
I’ve used Rimmel London ‘800 Under My Spell’. It’s a semi – sheer light purple colour which is perfect for the berry stained lip look! But, as we all know, makeup isn’t a one-tone-suits-all type of product. What looks amazing on one person will look completely different on another. I think that it all depends on how confident you feel when you wear it. I mean if you prefer a darker purple or feel more confident in a bright red, go for it!
My favourite thing about this look? It’s so versatile – and not to mention so simple! You can either have the lips as the main feature or have it as the finishing touch, bringing your whole look together. All you have to do is apply your normal, everyday base; you know foundation, concealer, powder and a little blush. Style your eyes to suit your mood. I choose to use just a sweep of barely-there shimmery bronze eye shadow, finished with a slick of mascara. Finally, it’s time for the most important part of the look: the lips!
To make it seem more ‘berry stained’, make sure that you apply a layer of lip balm first. This will make it seem more glossy as well as making the colour a little less intense. Something that you actually want with this look. I only applied the colour to the centre of my lips and gave the edges a light outline before using my fingers to just ‘dab’ it to the edges filling out the lips. This left the edges and lips looking slightly smudgy and worn in, which is exactly what a stained look calls for. Honestly, the berry stained lips look is that simple!
Berry Stained Lip Make Up Tutorial:
A basic base with a little colour on the lips, as though you’ve just bitten in to the most delicious, juicy berry!
What You Need:
- Berry Toned Lip Colour – I used Rimmel London The Only 1 Lipstick in ‘800 Under My Spell’
Getting The Look:
- Apply your standard base layer, such as foundation, concealer, powder and a little blush / bronzer. Apply a thickish layer of lip balm to your lips, allowing to soak in.
- If you want to apply any eye makeup, now’s the time to do it. I chose a sweep of barely-there shimmery bronze eye shadow, finished with a slick of mascara. But you can go a little more dramatic if you like!
- Up next is the lips! Apply your chosen lip colour to the centre of both lips, and also to the very outer edges following your natural lip line. Use your finger to gently dab the colour all over your lips filling in all the gaps, this will look a bit smudgy and worn in but that’s what we’re going for!
- Carefully dab your lips with bit of tissue to help lift off any excess colour that may have settled, also clean up your lip line to remove any lipstick around the edge.
- And viola! Enjoy your perfectly stained berry lips!