It’s no question that one of my favourite things in life is a brand-new manicure. And this one is an absolute favourite of mine. I can’t believe that it’s taken me so long, and I’m a little ashamed to admit that this is my first coat of nail varnish this new year. I’ve had the remnants of my old manicure for far too long. And having chipped, scruffy looking nails not only made me look, but also feel horrible. So, this year I’m focusing on treating myself a little bit more. Taking time out to look after me, and making sure that I always feel good. And, when you look good, you feel good, right? Even if that does only mean applying a bit of nail varnish.
I wanted something subtle, yet elegant. Plain with a little bit of oomph. And this look definitely achieves all of that. If you know me, then you know that I love glitter, and believe that it has the power to transform any look. The contrast to the dusky pink base is simple, yet so effective and really helps to add a bit of glamour to the otherwise plain manicure. I love the colour of this nail varnish on its own; it’s one of them light, pretty colours that goes with absolutely everything. But when you add a little touch of sparkle, it gets a whole lot better!
A Little Extra Sparkle
This is perfect for any occasion, from casual everyday wear, to more formal events. Don’t you think it would make a beautiful bridal nail?! But really, who needs an excuse to add a little extra sparkle? Definitely not me! This is so simple to do. It may look complicated, but really it couldn’t be easier.
All you do is apply your base layer, allow it to dry, and apply glitter to the bottom half of your mail only. Starting from the bottom and going up so that you create a sort of gradient effect. You can even just ‘dab’ the glitter on if you find it easier.
Simple, elegant, and of course… Sparkly. I love the simplicity of this look and it just goes to show that sometimes, you just need to take it back to basics. And add a touch of glitter of course.
Time to start looking after you a little bit more. A bit of self-care is all you need.
Glitter Cuticle Nail Art Tutorial:
Subtle, elegant with a little added sparkle. This manicure is easy to do and perfect for any occasion.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Clear Base Coat / Top Coat
- Pale Pink Nail Varnish – I used Nails Inc in ‘Rose Dream’
- Silver Glitter Nail Varnish – I used Seventeen Glitter Nail Effects in ‘Silver & White’ which contains a mixture of fine and chunky glitter
GETTING THE LOOK:
- Apply a clear Base Coat to all nails and allow to dry.
- Paint all your nails in the light pink shade, applying a second coat if needed.
- Once the pink has fully dried, use the glitter varnish and paint a light layer 1/2 way up each nail. Don’t worry if the glitter isn’t even, this helps to add to the effect.
- Build up the glitter in light layers on the bottom 1/4 of each nail, concentrating on the cuticle area. If you find it easier, lightly dab the glitter varnish around using the brush to help make sure the layers aren’t too thick. Each nail should look slightly different.
- Once the glitter varnish has dried, apply your topcoat to all nails and allow to fully dry before showing off your new manicure!
Want to stay up to date and receive exclusive content and recipes? Follow me and never miss a moment!
Have something to say? Just sprinkle your thoughts and let me know what’s on your mind…