I think that I have to be one of the most festive people that I know. I watch Christmas films on repeat (the cheesier the better!), by mid November the Christmas songs are playing loud and proud, and as soon as December hits, the Christmas jumpers come out! My house gets turned into a mini winter wonderland, and make everything as festive as I can. Yes, I was that loser at school who had red and green bands on their braces… it seemed like a good idea at the time! I love getting the sparkles out, and adding that festive touch to everything that I possibly can, especially my nails! If there’s glitter involved than I’m normally a massive fan. In my opinion, everything’s better when it sparkles, and Christmas gives me the perfect opportunity to do just that.
Keeping It Simple
There’s nothing better than a brand-new manicure, and one that celebrates my favourite season is just simply perfect! These nails are fun, festive and so simple. When I first thought up this manicure, I envisioned a Christmas tree on each nail. All decorated with baubles, tinsel and a star. Then I realised just how complicated that sounded. If it was something that I was dreading creating, I couldn’t imagine attempting to get it down in a blog post. I love making simple, easy to follow tutorials which pretty much anyone can do. That’s why I stripped it all the way down, and created this simple completely festive nail design.
The aim of this was a super simple ‘Christmas tree’, plain and beautifully shimmery besides the glittering gold star at the peak of the middle nail. It’s so simple to do and has a definite Christmas vibe about it, which I absolutely love. It’s ideal for any party, and acceptable even for the day.
The big day is only a week away, so it’s now officially time to get the glitter out, and add a little Christmas sparkle!
Christmas Star Nail Art Tutorial:
Fun, festive and super easy. These ‘Christmas tree’ nails are plain and beautifully shimmery finished up with a glittering gold star at the peak of the middle nail.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Clear Base Coat / Top Coat
- Green Nail Varnish – I used Fearne Nail Varnish in ‘Spaceman’
- Green Glitter Nail Varnish – I used W7 Nail Polish in ‘8 Green Dazzle’
- Nail Glue
- 2 x Gold Tone Flat-back Star Studs
GETTING THE LOOK:
- Apply a clear Base Coat to all nails and allow to dry.
- Start off by painting all your nails in the green shade, this will act as a base coat for the glitter polish.
- Wait around 5 minutes until the green colour is dry, and then give all nails a thin coat of the glitter polish. My glitter nail varnish gave quite a full coverage so I only needed one coat, but if needed allow for your 1st coat to dry and then apply another thin coat of the glitter polish.
- Place a small dab of nail glue, or a dot of clear varnish if glue isn’t available, to the back of one of the star studs. Carefully place the star in the top centre of your middle finger nail.
- Allow the glue to dry for a few minutes and then apply a thin layer of top coat to each nail, including the two with the stars.
Want to stay up to date and receive exclusive content and recipes? Follow me and never miss a moment!
Have something to say? Just sprinkle your thoughts and let me know what’s on your mind…