It’s official, Christmas is on its way! It may only be December 1st, but I’m all ready to deck the halls and get into the party spirit. I love everything about this time of year; not only because it’s my birthday tomorrow (I can’t believe it!), but my favourite months finally arrived and the run up to Christmas has started. I love the festive feeling in the air, the excuse to go shopping and not feel guilty about it (well only a little), the flavours and the all the colours. The jolly greens, and merry reds and who could ever forget that extra Christmas sparkle?
As a way to celebrate my favourite time of year, I decided to treat myself to a brand-new manicure. Think of it as a little birthday treat. Especially as this design is party ready and can be worn for any occasion. I wanted to focus on my favourite Christmas colour, and painted my nails the merriest metallic red that I could find. Hey, I might as well go all out. And what’s December without a touch of glitter?
I love a feature nail, and think it really helps to bring a manicure to life, and make it a bit special. The glitter that I used here is extra fine cosmetic glitter and I literally poured it all over my finger, and brushed the excess off after with a stiff paintbrush.
I feel like a sparkly Christmas bauble, and am definitely in the mood to celebrate the start of the month. I’m in official celebration mode! And, am all ready to blast the Christmas tunes and snuggle up with a warming coconut latte. Who knew that something as simple as a manicure could do all that? I’m completely in love with my nails, and can’t stop looking at them! (Is that slightly weird?).
The best way to kick off my favourite of year, and start the celebrations!
Merry ‘Red’mas Nail Art Tutorial:
Christmas is officially on its way; I’m ready to deck the halls, get merry and bring out the sparkles! Well, who needs an excuse for that? This manicure makes me feel like a Christmas bauble, all ready for the merry season ahead. Quick, simple and utterly timeless.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Clear Base Coat / Top Coat
- Red Nail Varnish – I used Nails Inc in ‘Villiers Street’
- Extra Fine Cosmetic Glitter in Red
GETTING THE LOOK:
- Apply a clear Base Coat to all nails and allow to dry.
- Start off by only painting your ring finger red. Whilst this is still wet, cover the nail in a layer glitter, shaking off any excess. It doesn’t matter if there’s extra glitter around the nail, as this will be removed later.
- After about 5 minutes of painting your feature nail, paint the rest of your nails red. Allow to dry before applying a second coat.
- Using a stiff paint brush, gently brush away the excess glitter from the finger around your nail.
- Once the nails are dry, apply a clear top coat to all nails, leaving the glittered nails until last.
Want to stay up to date and receive exclusive content and recipes? Follow me and never miss a moment!
Have something to say? Just sprinkle your thoughts and let me know what’s on your mind…