I have a definite love hate relationship with autumn. I love the colours, the warming comfort food, the bright crisp mornings and the excuse to cuddle up in big jumpers. Of course there’s also the scenery, nature is always just so pretty at this time of year. Everything seems so fresh and new, and that’s one part that I really love. But, I am not a fan of the cold… I absolutely hate feeling cold. I may love my jumpers, but I think that I might just love shorts and the warm sun a little bit more! I also dislike the feeling of wearing so many layers you can hardly move, and feeling like I only see darkness. But, I’m on the way to Christmas, so how can I complain?
One of my favourite things about the change in seasons has to be the change in colours. The bright, colourful pastels are gone, and are instead replaced with warming, dark tones. Browns, oranges and nudes, and of course there’s always touch of sparkle involved!
I haven’t posted a new manicure for a while, and to be honest, have been rocking the plain nails look. Which I definitely am not a fan of. Nothing makes me feel better than a splash of colour on my nails, and I normally I take any excuse to have a fresh coat of polish. So, since it’s been such a long time, I thought that welcoming autumn was the perfect excuse for a new look!
Whenever I go to paint my nails, I always end up just staring at all my colours. My sister and I sort of bunched all of ours together, and as you can imagine, we kind of have a lot. There ended up being about 3 colours that I absolutely loved. A nude, a sort of dark bronze colour, and a glittery gold. Because you can never have enough sparkle! They had the perfect autumn feel and instantly I knew that I had to use them somehow. I couldn’t make my mind up, so I kind of ended up using all 3. I know I can be pretty indecisive sometimes, and so I just gave in to it.
I kind of just went for it, and honestly love the outcome. It may sound a bit strange using 3 different colours, but it seriously looks amazing. Even if I do say so myself! One of the things that I love best about it is that is just so simple and basic. It’s easy to do and takes absolutely no time at all. I love how there are 2 statement nails which really help to make the whole thing stand out a tiny bit more.
It’s the perfect way to add a little sophisticated fun. It’s chic, minimalist, and even has a little festive touch to it. No, it’s not too early! I’ve had so many compliments, and it just goes to show that sometimes you can have it all.
Are you ready for autumn?
Autumn Nail Art Tutorial:
3 colours, 2 statement nails… And a lot of fun. This nail tutorial is the perfect way to welcome autumn. Featuring warm colours, and a tiny bit of sparkle; It’s simple, fun, with a little festive vibe too. Not to mention super easy and simple to do.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Clear Base Coat / Top Coat
- Nude Nail Varnish – I used Sinful.. Nail Enamel in ‘Naked’
- Dark Brown Nail Varnish – I used Sinful.. Nail Enamel in ‘Devine Brown’
- Gold Nail Varnish – I used Salonniere by Jenny Packham in ‘Scallop’
GETTING THE LOOK:
- Starting with your preferred hand, paint on your clear Base Coat to all nails and allow to dry.
- Once the base coat is dry, use your Nude nail polish and paint the nails on your thumb, index finger and little finger ONLY. Allow to dry and paint another coat of polish if necessary.
- Next take the metallic Gold nail varnish and paint the nail on your middle finger. I only needed one layer of gold varnish, but if you need to apply a second coat, let the first layer of polish dry and then apply another thin coat of colour.
- Now, take the Dark Brown varnish and paint the nail on your ring finger. Again, apply a second coat as necessary. I used a brown with a hint of metallic sparkle, but a more matte tone would work just as well!
- Repeat on the opposite hand.
- Once all nails are touch dry, apply the clear top coat. Allow to dry and go show off your new Autumn manicure!
Want to see more nail art tutorials? Just click here
Want to stay up to date and receive exclusive content and recipes? Follow me and never miss a moment!
Have something to say? Just sprinkle your thoughts and let me know what’s on your mind…